Night Report 2014-11-29
Observers: Georgios Dimitriadis, Mathew Smith & Rob Firth
TAT: Cosimo Inserra, Annalisa de Cia
Non-photometric night: The sky is 100% covered throughout the afternoon and we are closed for the majority of the night.
29 Nov: Full details can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YpQsQaQrRT7Y7DJYzMTLAhfK-CRZsi2z4rKXi_GvuKk
- 19:30UT - we have control of the telescope! However, the sky is 100% covered by clouds.... Rob is optimistic though.
- 19:30UT - 2x PESSTO_bias & 1x PESSTO_calib
- 21:00UT - SOFI_specflat, SOFI_FlatJHK (why not!)
- 23:30UT - Sunset: A-maz-ing! A green flash and highly ridiculous colours.
- That's primarily as we're clouded out.
- Conditions: WE'RE CLOSED DUE TO CLOUD COVER
- 00:00UT - Still closed and it looks no better - at least another 2 hours
- 04:00UT - SOFI_specarc (why not)
- 06:00UT - Outside looks promising, so we're going to open!
- 06:25UT - SPECTROSCOPIC STANDARD: L745a: Seeing 1.4", Airmass 1.08
- 06:50UT - LSQ14gfb: Follow-up with gm16 for 2x2700s. Seeing 1.1", Airmass 1.09
- 08:35UT - LSQ14ggr: Classification. The sun is rapidly coming up and there is no sign of it in the acquisition image, so aborted.
- 09:00UT - Skyflats grz (g fails)
- 09:20UT - PESSTO_calib (arcs only). This will be done in the morning.
CERRADO POR EL NOCHE!
- LSQ14gfb (Follow-up) Type Ia @ z=0.052 @ +4 days (SNID)
NO ATEL REQUIRED :(