Night Report 2014-11-24
Observers: Mathew Smith, Rob Firth & Georgios Dimitriadis
TAT: Joe Anderson, Nancy Elias-Rosa
Non-photometric night: We start with overhead clouds and are closed for several hours. There are then high winds to finish the night!
24 Nov: EFOSC spectroscopy. Full details can be found here:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FWz22eV1aq7ZrZNTtZ0Ym3EUKpnzTZtpUltbsCsPUOI
- 19:30UT - we have control of the telescope! There are overhead clouds though. It's not clear we will open with this.
- 19:30UT - 2x PESSTO_bias & 1x PESSTO_calib
- 23:30UT - Sunset: Amazing.
- Conditions: Overhead numerous clouds (especially to the south) but we're open. No sky flats
- 00:10UT - ASASSN-14jz: Classification with gm13 for 300s. Seeing 1.0", Airmass 2.0 (this is setting fast, so we do it before twilight!)
- Observed twice as the sun is still up!
- 00:20UT - Telescope focus and alignment check
- 00:30UT - SPECTROSCOPIC STANDARD: Feige 110. Seeing 0.8", Airmass 1.12
- 01:00UT - TELESCOPE CLOSED DUE TO CLOUD COVER
- 05:00UT - STILL CLOSED (ALTHOUGH I CAN SEE STARS)
- 06:00UT - WE OPEN
- 06:15UT - PESSTOESO145-G10: Follow-up with gm11 for 2x1800s. Seeing 1.0", Airmass 1.33
- 07:20UT - LSQ14gfc: Classification with gm13 for 1500s. Seeing 1.2", Airmass 1.42. The wind is now "moderate"
- 08:00UT - LSQ14gfb: Classification with gm13 for 900s. Seeing 1.1", Airmass 1.14.
- 08:20UT - ASASSN-14ko: Classification with gm13 for 450s. Seeing 0.9", Airmass 1.20. The wind is now "high"….
- 08:35UT - SPECTROSCOPIC STANDARD: L745a: Seeing 0.9", Airmass 1.02
- 08:55UT - PESSTO_calib (arcs only)
- 09:00UT - DONE FOR THE RUN
CERRADO POR EL NOCHE!
- ASASSN-14jz: (Classification) SN Ia @ z=0.012 @ +3days (SNID) - both spectra are identical.
- PESSTOESO145-G10: (Follow-up) SN Ia-91T @ z=0.015 @ -5 days (SNID)
- LSQ14gfc: (Classification) SN Ia @ z=0.125 @ -2 days (SNID)
- LSQ14gfb: (Classification) SN Ia @ z=0.050 @ +3 days (SNID)
- ASASSN-14ko: (Classification) SN IIn @ z=0.042 (Mark) - this looks like a galaxy to me!
ATEL FOT ASASSN-14jz, LSQ14gfc, LSQ14gfb & ASASSN-14ko SUBMITTED (http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=6749)