Night Report 2014-12-14
Observers: Pierre-François Léget, Nicolas Chotard & Marine Ducrot
TAT: Nancy Elias-Rosa, Joe Polshaw, Stefan Taubenberger
The sky is perfectly clear tonight. We will do SOFI and EFOSC observations. Photometric night.
- 18:00UT: In the control room. Starting SOFI calibration: 1x PESSTO_sofi_specflat, 1x PESSTO_sofi_SpecArc & 1x PESSTO_sofi_FlatJHK
- 21:30UT: 1x PESSTO_calib
- 23:45UT: 1x PESSTO_bias
- 23:45UT: Sunset
- 00:00UT: Switching from EFOCS to SOFI
- 00:20UT: Focusing and image analysis
- 00:30UT: Telluric standar. Hip006159 Airmass 1.07, Seeing 0.78"
- 00:35UT: SN2014cx. Spectroscopic follow up. BG+RG. Airmass 1.07 (1.14, 1.41) Seeing 0.78 (0.75", 0.90") at the begining (half, end)
- 03:15UT: Telluric standar. Hip006159 Airmass 1.41, Seeing 0.90"
- 03:20UT: SN2014cx. Photometric follow up. JHK. Airmass 1.6, Seeing 1.03"
- 03:35UT: Telluric standard. Hip013515 Airmass 1.16, Seeing 0.87"
- 03:40UT: PESSTOESO154-G10. Spectroscopic follow up. BG+RG. Airmass 1.20 (1.32, 1.68) Seeing 1.08" (0.77", 1.27") at the begining (half, end)
- 06:25UT: Telluric standard. Hip013515 Airmass 1.66, Seeing 1.02"
- 06:30UT: PESSTOESO154-G10. Photometric follow up. JHK. Airmass 1.75, Seeing 1.02"
- 06:40UT: Flux standard. GD71. Airmass 1.63, Seeing 1.19"
- 07:00UT: Done with SOFI, swithing to EFOSC
- 07:20UT: Spectroscopic standard star (gm11, gm13, gm16): GD71. Airmass 1.48, Seeing 1.27"
- 07:50UT: OGLE-2014-SN-189. Spectroscopic follow up, gm11 only. Airmass 1.53. Seeing 1.21"
- We took a 2300s exposure since we had time and the target looked fainter than expected.
- 08:40: LTT3864: Spectroscopic standard
- 09:05UT - PESSTO_calib (dome flat + arcs only)
- SN2014cx. Spectroscopic follow up. BG+RG
- ESSTOESO154-G10. Spectroscopic follow up. BG+RG
- OGLE-2014-SN-189. Spectroscopic follow up, gm11 only