Observers: Rob Firth, Georgios Dimitriadis & Mathew Smith
TAT: Cosimo Inserra, Annalisa de Cia
Non-photometric night: We start with clouds and the weather is variable throughout.
28 Nov: EFOSC spectroscopy. Full details can be found here:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xDJWGIYAuR1nnO6V1ZpSOWhNyhTaudAYyJtT-867aJw
- 19:30UT - we have control of the telescope! There are overhead clouds and the horizon doesn't look great.
- 19:30UT - 2x PESSTO_bias & 1x PESSTO_calib
- 23:30UT - Sunset: There's a cloud in the way….
- Conditions: The clouds have partially cleared. It's not photometric, but we can at least open.
- 23:35UT - Skyflats: BR (why not).
- 00:00UT - Focussing & image analysis
- 00:10UT - ASASSN-14kq: Classification with gm13 for 300s. Seeing 0.6", Airmass 1.02
- 00:30UT - SPECTROSCOPIC STANDARD: Feige 110. Seeing 0.6", Airmass 1.13
- 00:10UT - SN2014cx: Follow-up with gm11 & gm16 for 900s each. Seeing 0.7", Airmass 1.08. (The clouds seem to be moving in).
- 01:30UT - LSQ14gde: Follow-up with gm13 for 900s. Seeing 0.9", Airmass 1.04
- 02:00UT - ASASSN-14kp: Follow-up with gm13 for 1800s. Seeing 0.8", Airmass 1.04 (The clouds are now "thin")
- 02:45UT - PESSTOESO154-G10: Follow-up with gm11 & gm16 for 2x1800s each. Seeing 0.7", Airmass 1.12
- 05:10UT - SPECTROSCOPIC STANDARD: L745a: Seeing 0.9", Airmass 1.28
- 05:40UT - ASASSN-14ha: Follow-up with gm11 (1800s) & gm16 (1200s). Seeing 1.0", Airmass 1.14
- (The clouds disappear to be replaced with moderate winds and higher seeing…)
- 06:45UT - LSQ14gfb: Follow-up with gm11 for 2x2700s. Seeing 1.0", Airmass 1.06
- (The pressure is now low (but there are no overhead clouds…), the humidity is rising and the wind is up.)
- 08:30UT - OGLE-2014-SN-164: Classification with gm13 for 600s. Seeing 1.40, Airmass 1.90
- (This is started in twilight; it's windy, the seeing is rising & the pressure is low!)
- 08:45UT - SPECTROSCOPIC STANDARD: L745a: Seeing 1.2", Airmass 1.04
- 09:00UT - (I'm not allowed to do sky flats due to incoming clouds)
- 09:00UT - PESSTO_calib (arcs only)
CERRADO POR EL NOCHE!
- ASASSN-14kq (Classification) Type Ia @ z=0.038 @ -6 days (SNID)
- SN2014cx (Follow-up) Type IIP @ z=0.009 @ + 50days (SNID - both spectra)
- LSQ14gde (Classification) Type Ia @ z=0.061 @ peak (SNID)
- ASASSN-14kp (Follow-up) Type IIP @ z=0.027 @ peak (SNID)
- PESSTOESO154-G10 (Follow-up) Type Ia @ z=0.017 @ peak (SNID)
- ASASSN-14ha (Follow-up) Type IIP @ z=0.006 @ +50 days (SNID)
- LSQ14gfb (Follow-up) Type Ia-91bg @ z=0.053 @ +2 days (SNID)
- OGLE-2014-SN-164 (Classification) Type Ia @ z=0.052 @ ~peak (SNID)
ATEL FOR LSQ14gde & OGLE-2014-SN-164 SUBMITTED (http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=6769). (ASASSN-14kq was already classified in ATEL 6765)