Observers: Rob Firth, Georgios Dimitriadis & Mathew Smith
TAT: Kate Maguire, Lluís Galbany
Photometric night - clear overhead and seeing consistently <1.0".
13 Nov: EFOSC2 night - spectroscopy & photometry. Full details can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MCImnqregYDxQz_eiNQ5wVBrh_4nTSUGUvD3otvR2J4
- 19:30UT - we have control of the telescope! No overhead clouds, but there are clouds on the horizon.
- 20:00UT - 2x PESSTO_bias & 1x PESSTO_calib
- 21:15UT - The telescope start-up begins
- 23:20UT - Sunset
- 23:30UT - Skyflats: grz
- Conditions: Clouds on the horizon, but they might keep away. No wind.
- 23:50UT - SPECTROSCOPIC STANDARD: Feige 110: Seeing 0.9", Airmass 1.10
- 00:20UT - PHOT STD: TPHe (UBVRi): Seeing 1.1", Airmass 1.1
- 00:30UT - Focussing and image analysis
- 00:43UT - ASSASN-14kd: Classification for 300s: Seeing 1.0", Airmass 1.23
- 00:55UT - LSQ14fyc: Classification for 900s: Seeing 0.9", Airmass 1.04
- 01:15UT - SN2009ip: Follow-up in B (4x200s), V (3x200s), R (2x100s), i (2x200s): Seeing 0.9", Airmass 1.08 (+dark time).
- The SNe is still visible in the acquisition images even after 800 days!
- 02:00UT - SN2013hx: Deep follow-up in g, r, i: Seeing 0.75", Airmass 1.15
- The DIMM thinks the seeing is 0.6", but it's 0.75" from the images
- The SNe is not in the acquisition images (even after 1 minute exposures), but these are deep images, so fingers crossed!
- The seeing stays constant through the observations 0.7" at the end.
- 03:20UT - ASASSN-14il: Follow-up in BVri & gm11 for 900s & gm16 and 900s: Seeing 0.8", Airmass 1.1
- 04:15UT - LSQ14gae: Classification for 900s: Seeing 0.9", Airmass 1.55
- 05:00UT - SPECTROSCOPIC STANDARD: L745a: Seeing 0.9", Airmass 1.74 (this is a terrible time to be doing STDs!)
- 05:20UT - PHOT STD: TPHe (UBVRi): Seeing 0.7", Airmass 1.42
- 05:30UT - OGLE-2014-SN-073: BVRi + gm13 for 2x3000s: Seeing 0.8", Airmass 1.22 at start, Seeing 0.5", Airmass 1.2 in the middle
- 08:00UT - OGLE-2014-SN-125: Classification for 600s: Seeing 0.6", Airmass 1.4
- 08:20UT - PHOT STD: RU149: Seeing 0.6", Airmass 1.14
- 08:40UT - STANDARD: L745a: Seeing 0.6", Airmass 1.02
- 09:00UT - Skyflats: BR
CERRADO POR EL NOCHE!
- ASSASN-14kd: CLASSIFICATION: SN Ia-91T @ z=0.027 @ -10days (SNID)
- LSQ14fyc: CLASSIFICATION: SN Ia @ z=0.082 @ +10days (SNID)
- ASASSN-14il: FOLLOW-UP: Lots of galaxy light in this one. SNID has issues, but super fit likes it to be a SN II @ z=0.02 @ +9.
- LSQ14gae: CLASSIFICATION: SN IIP @ z=0.041 @ +6 days
- OGLE-2014-SN-073: FOLLOW-UP: SN IIP @ z=0.127 @ +10 days
- OGLE-2014-SN-125: CLASSIFICATION: SN IIP @ z=0.023 @ +20 days
ATEL SUBMITTED FOR ASASSN-14kd, LSQ14fyc, LSQ14gae & OGLE-2014-SN-125 (http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=6699)